Thursday 16 March 2017

Renovation project - Spring is in the air

Renovation project - Spring is in the air
renovation project - Huelgoat, France
this mornings view from the bedroom window
It seems to have been an age since I wrote anything, I’m not sure why but somehow life has got in the way. We are constantly making the house look good for viewings and to be honest we are actually sleeping an awful lot. Now for anybody who knows me this will be quite a shock as I do not sleep. If I manage more than 4 hours without waking I consider myself to have had a great night.
But it seems since I was ill I am able to sleep, and sleep a lot, I can happily stay in bed and lounge until mid day.
But it is time to stop, I must get a grip, I am drinking a few glasses of wine each evening, lounging in bed till mid day and not doing an awful lot during the day (when I read it out loud, it sounds like the perfect life!) but it’s not and I’ve been doing it for a few weeks. The party is over and it’s time to pull myself together.
I think maybe we have just taken a long break after finishing the house but this doing nothing is not good for either of us, John is raring to go and does not benefit from doing nothing, so it’s time to look for things to do to the house and I am going to get back to writing.
As I woke this morning I lay there and thought, if it is after 7.30 I will get up, I looked at the clock and it was 7.32, if only I had looked as soon as I woke up!

But I didn’t and here I am and to be honest I feel a lot better than I would’ve done had I lain in bed for another four hours. So hello everybody, it’s good to be back, I think, but I can hear my bed calling me...........

2 comments:

  1. Seems like you needed a break after all that work. If I wake up at 5:30, lately, I've been looking at my phone and I get sucked in. Before I know it, it's 7:30.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes we did and having your phone/IPad near your bed is lethal

      Delete