Wednesday 3 December 2014

Renovation project - Where has the time gone?

Renovation project - Where has the time gone?

I have just realised I have not blogged in a long time, I had meant to keep it going but somehow life took over, this was not meant to happen, we came here for the easier life and that is where we are going to get back too.

I was sat working this morning and had to make a telephone call, I still freak at the idea of doing this as it is so much more difficult to speak on the telephone than it is in person, but I did it and as I sat back feeling rather smug I suddenly stated to think how far I had come in the last 2 and a half years.


If somebody had told me when we first moved here I would be working and speaking on the telephone in French I would've laughed at them, but here I am, working and speaking on the telephone in French!


Now what has happened since I last blogged, well there is so much I will try to blog retrospectively but here is a taster:

  • We have finished the house
  • We have had a really successful first season in the B&B
  • We have sold a house
  • We have lost the sale on a house
  • We have had a hard time from the local estate agents
  • We have had a great time with all the people we have met
  • We have met some amazing guests that now stay in touch on face book
  • I have had a fall out with my daughter (which nearly killed me and sent me back to the UK)
  • I have made up with my daughter and feel that my life is once again blessed 
  • We have almost ran out of money (and couldn't afford to run back to the UK)
  • We have made some amazing new friends, and learnt all there is to know about bringing animals to France
  • I have met with French people and conversed in person and on the telephone.
  • I have directed people to our B&B in French (and those that know me, know I can't do that in English!!!!)
  • I have been on holiday to Spain
  • We have been back to the UK for a funeral
  • we have done more work on the B&B
  • I have lost a s!*t load of weight!!!!!

We have had the most roller coaster of a year possible and have now made a major decision, which I will keep for when I am blogging regularly again.

So now I have so much to write about and have just realised that I have family arriving today, so my good intentions may once again go out of the window, but hopefully not.


I look forward to speaking with every body again, and just in case you have forgotten who we are (and because I wanted to prove I have lost a s!*t load of weight), Here is our new photo

Huelgoat, Finistere, Brittany, France Jenny and John in France


A bientot

7 comments:

  1. YahooooooooO there you are, I thought we had lost you, welcome back Jenny, can't wait to read your ongoing blogs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back blogging! Curious to now what your big decision is. Look forward to reading your next post and your new picture looks great-you have lost a s!*t load of weight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! All your achievements must make you so proud! We are just starting our French adventure but one day I hope to write a post like yours listing all the things we have done. Well done on all the things you have achieved. I have read most of your posts from the beginning so know how hard you have worked. Keep up the good work but I hope you find the 'easier life' you were looking for. Lovely photo of the two of you. You look fab! Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. just happy to your still around, hope to stop with you soon

    ReplyDelete
  5. À bientôt.
    Install and use the United Kingdom Extended keyboard driver and accents are easy in Windows.
    Pouff! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have had quite a year.....................snap!

    Glad things back on an even keel and keep looking forward to 2015
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks everybody, it's good to be back :)

    ReplyDelete