Saturday 11 May 2013

Renovation Project - Oh My God I'm going to die! Mountain biking through the forest!!!!!


Renovation Project - Oh My God I'm going to die! Mountain biking through the forest!!!!!

We have to go shopping again to buy some more plaster; we decide to buy the plaster board for the back bedroom and to make the wardrobe whilst we are there. We come away with a garden furniture set, we had not planned to buy this but it was such good value we couldn’t not buy it. Where we are going to put it I have no idea, but it will look good when the garden is ready.

John plasters the windows and I start to clear out the back bedroom ready for our move upstairs, I didn’t realise we had so much building stuff here, it’s like a DIY store, but I do notice the missing sander and guess what I hadn’t thrown it away, it had never come to France! John found it when we were back in the UK!!!!!

I go for a ride with Sheila, but my legs are so knackered we agree not to go for very long, we have a cycle around the lake and then decide to do it again, but we miss the turning, I cannot face cycling back up the hill to the turning so we keep going, Sheila states there is a turning into the forest and we can take that route back to the town.

We cycle through the most amazing  pathways, the trees are splendid in the their beautiful spring colours, we go up hills and down pathways watching the entire spectrum of the colour green, there is every shade. Some of the paths are more like tunnels and the drops at the side of the path appear to stretch for ever.

We pull over by the La Mare aux Sangliers – the Wild Boar Pool, we park the bikes and go to take a closer look, it is simply beautiful, the river cascades over the rocks and boulders and forms the pool, there is a small wooden bridge crossing it and I stop to take some more photographs. Apparently there are no more wild boar here now but I am told about how the ground was found burrowed, with obvious signs of tusks having turned the ground.

We go back to the backs and continue on our way passing la Grotte d’Artus or Arthurs Cave, we do not stay to investigate but continue cycling. We leave the forest and find ourselves back on the road to Huelgoat and arrive home exhausted but exhilarated!

La Mare aux Sangliers - Huelgoat forest, Brittany

La Mare aux Sangliers - Huelgoat forest, Brittany

La Mare aux Sangliers - Huelgoat forest, Brittany

Huelgoat forest, Brittany

Huelgoat forest, Brittany

Huelgoat forest, Brittany

Now for the reality of this part of the bike ride!

OMG! I am going to die! I am hurtling at a hundred miles an hour down a pathway that is covered in pot holes and stones, there is a massive drop at the side and I am skidding everywhere.

There are flies and I have to keep my mouth shut and can’t scream or I will eat them I can feel them committing suicide on my face and I have one in my eye and can’t stop!!!!

We pull up at the wild boar pool and I think I am more surprised that the bikes are still there when we walk back to them, no locks on them and they haven’t been stolen!!!!!!!

When I finally get back to the town my legs are like jelly, but to be honest it was one of the best trips I have been on since being here!

No comments:

Post a Comment