Thursday 18 April 2013

Renovation project - the floor is finished!!!!!


Renovation project - the floor is finished!!!!!

Today we are going to visit Carhaix, we received a bill for the refuse and a letter that had been sent to our old house in the UK, luckily we kept our redirection going for a long time! This letter was for us to state whether the house in France was our main residence, and will form the basis of the tax d’habitation. Sheila and Brian are going with us to make sure we get to the right office and fill in the correct bits.

This was so simple, it really was a case of ticking a box and putting our signature on, when we explained we had no access to the house in the UK we just had to cross out the old address and write our French address on it.

I think we now officially live in France!!!!!!


But I would recommend if you move to France keep a postal redirection for at least 6 months as so far we have told the Notaire 3 times and our estate agent has told him another 3 times that we are not at the UK address and they do not seem to be very efficient at changing things.

Well my little break didn’t last long and its back to the sanding, the floor is coming along, but I am not as fast at it as John is so we swap jobs for a while and john has a go on the floor. I am trying to decide whether or not I’m really peeved that he has taken over or just so relieved not to be on my hands and knees for a while. I decide I am relieved so don’t moan and leave him to it!


I clear out the all the wood and tools from the landing at the top of the stairs, and do a final tip run before we leave for the UK (we’re going for a quick break to visit family).




No comments:

Post a Comment