Tuesday 16 October 2012

Renovation Project - We're getting a new cooker but not a settee! - Thursday 11th October 2012


Renovation Project - We're getting a new cooker but not a settee! - Thursday 11th October

Time to go shopping again, we are going to get some new furniture today, we are down to one comfy chair and 2 plastic garden chairs, John managed to break another plastic chair last night, he seems to be on a one man mission to work his way through our temporary furniture!

We have seen a settee in Conforama, it is lovely and is half price, we have looked at it a couple of times and not bought it as we wanted to make sure it was the right one, we don’t want to spend a fortune on furniture as it is all coming out of our limited budget and if we sell the house, it will be getting sold with it.

The settee is in Quimper so we drive over and also find the most amazing modern Aga on special offer, we buy this from the kitchen department and I astound both myself and John with my language skills, I think the shop assistant and myself use only approx 5 English words, John looks at me gobsmacked and asks where did that come from, I have no idea, I still sound a little bit like a sat nav but the words are all in there, it is all starting to sink in, which makes me worry about returning to England, will it stay in there or will I lose it again? I have decided  when we are in England I will treat myself to some new language books, as I have really struggled with the Michael Thomas system, this is mainly due to the fact that I spend most of my time shouting at the stupid woman who is on there. I have bought a couple of Osborne children’s books and these are so much more useful, I would seriously recommend that anybody trying to learn the language not to be bothered about using children’s books, they are easy to follow and have a lot of pictures it really does make it much easier to learn.

We then move over to the furniture department and try to buy the settee, this is not so good, the guy is very helpful and we get the delivery date, at this point another assistant shouts over and a lot of discussion goes on (I struggle to keep up) but I grasp that this is not possible, the guy is really helpful and tries different ways to explain that we can’t have it, but goes into so much detail I get lost in the conversation, luckily 2 other customers over hear and simply explain that all of the settee’s have been sold, bugger, we left it to long to decide.

We leave and go for a late lunch in Quimper, this is amazing, the Croque Monsieur is fabulous (this is a French version of a cheese and ham toastie) which you are probably thinking yuck, but no if you can get to have one, you should they melt in the mouth.

We do our food shop and return home, I speak to Kayleigh that night and she asks if there is any chance we can pick up some mini bottles of champagne for her baby shower, talk about bad timing, so explain we won’t be going again till next week and will have a look then, but to be honest we have not seen any small bottles and as you can buy full size bottles of champagne for only 5 euro’s, not sure if they will do them, there doesn’t seem much point.

No comments:

Post a Comment